Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ethiopian Opals

Look what arrived today.  AAAA Ethiopian opals! I found it odd that they are Ethiopian opals but they came from India! Anyway,  I can't wait to start playing with them!!!  I have a few ideas on paper but I need to draw up some more before I commit to a project.  I'm always drawing up designs and sometimes they actually look like the same thing I drew!!!

These opals are so full of fire. They contain anywhere from 3 to 21% water.  Interesting fact! I almost want to just make a necklace with them and keep it but that wasn't why I bought them.  

Opals have been a favorite stone of mine for as long as I can remember.  Hubby bought me an opal ring when I was in high school.  I still have it and it's even more firey than it was when he first gave it to me.  It is set in white gold.  I will be working in Sterling Silver.  

I have lots of fun projects coming up, so please stop back.  For updates, just sign up for email updates or add yourself to the "Followers".  

Fifty Fathoms Down

No comments:

Post a Comment